1. How far from Hanoi to Halong Bay?
About 170 km & take around 4 hours to go by shuttle bus or by car.
2. Where to pick up & drop off?
We pick you up & drop off at your hotel in Hanoi.
3. What time to pick up & what time arrive at hotel in Hanoi?
Around 7:45 am - 8:15 am , we pick you up at your hotel.
Around 4 - 5 pm on the final day (included: 2days & 3 days trips) arriving at hotel in Hanoi.
4. Can we go directly from Halong Bay to the airport?
Yes. Please, contact us. We'll have 2 options for you:
- Shuttle bus takes you from Halong Bay then drops you off outside of Hanoi center, And our driver & private car already wait for you there, then take you the airport.
- We take you from Halong Bay to the airport by private car
5. How far from the airport to the hotel & how much for the transfer?
Around 40km & take around 40 - 60 minutes to go (it depends on traffic jams)
6. Shuttle bus included in the trip?
All shuttle bus included in the trip, except you book on: Luxury Cruises or on request for complimentary in case of availability.
7. How about the drinks on cruises?
All drinks are not included on the cruises: wine, cocktail, coca, seasonal drinks, juice,...(except welcome drinks).
8. Should i book in advance?
Booking in advance is definitely better than late booking because you will have much time to check the prices of the cruises and select the best cruise for you. You will also get to know everything about your trip before you go.
9. Should i book day trip or 2 days or 3 days trip?
A cruise for two days or less doesn’t allow enough time to travel deep into the bay, which actually covers more than 1500 km2. Cruising time is limited and the boat cannot reach areas located really far from the shore. You will also not have enough time for some activities: kayaking, sunbath, swimming, cooking demonstration,...
10. What do I need to bring for the Halong Bay tour?
For your convenience, you should bring some necessary things with you to Halong Bay such as original passports to check in, swim suite, sun glasses, hat, camera, insect repellent, suitable footwear for activities in Halong Bay such as climbing up steps to visit caves, kayaking or biking in Cat Ba islands (for some cruises only)…
For unnecessary things, you can leave them at your hotel in Hanoi. The hotel will be happy to store them for you until your return!
11. What if the cruise is cancelled due to bad weather?
Storms normally come to the north of Vietnam from June until September so sometimes your cruise will be canceled due to bad weather.
In this case, how much money you will be refunded depending on where you were announced the cancellation news!
+ If you are still in Hanoi and have not started the trip yet, all money paid will be refunded to you.
+ If you arrived at Halong Bay pier and the cruise informs you the bad news, you will pay the transfer fee only. Some cruises will not charge you this fee although the cruises are also disappointed like you.
+ If you are on your cruise already and are visiting Halong Bay when the bad news comes such as your cruise is not allowed to stay overnight, other arrangements will be made by the cruise for you upon your agreement. Otherwise, you will pay for the services and time that you have spent on the cruise.
When the bad weather comes during your trip, you should contact us directly (not the cruise) about the refund arrangement.